Sunday, April 26, 2009

Boxing or Martial Arts?

I currently wrestle. In an amatueur level. with friends. I mean like the grappling Greek wrestling... not the WWE.





I want to start either a form of Martial Arts or proper Boxing Training. I also box currently... but only for fitness means. I have no idea about technique.





So which would you choose? Martial arts or Boxing? I suppose I could be adequete at Karate or Taek-won-do. I know I have a boxers physique... but i don't want to limit myself to one style.


Is there a style of fighting which combines the essentials of both sports? I'd love to know one... to combine both passions.





Also... I'm 14. As I've been boxing for a while... I know I'm decent... and can be fairly formidable in later years. But As most kids start martial arts at -10 years I've been wondering if I should dedicate myself to it... because I can't stand to fail. So do you think I'm too old to start or not.





PS:I'll still do it even if I'm too old. I just won't dedicate myself to it and will stick to boxing

Boxing or Martial Arts?
I'd say MMA would be the way to go. Wrestling, Boxing, and Martial arts all rolled into one. Sounds like it'd hit all your interests in one sport.
Reply:to begin with you're way too young to not involve yourself in a well rounded training reg.----- do not just settle for less of one and more of another---boxing just as martial arts are to be respected in there on right---i concentrated on tae kwon do---and boxing when i was younger---grabbiling, mma, an boxing, will get you well rounded--ju jitsu--is another factor---this is probably the strongest one of the four you can concentrate on---what ever you do don't settle for less --always stride for more---knowledge is strength..


No comments:

Post a Comment