Friday, May 21, 2010

Which is less damaging to your joints, power lifting or endurance lifting?

My martial arts instructor has been haranguing us about the importance of conditioning etc. so I'm currently working my way up on an endurance lifting programme, doing curls %26amp; presses with a comparatively low weight (20kg + bar) on 4-6 sets of 15-25 reps... I decided to do endurance lifting because power lifting is only recommended on an alternate day basis and I want to lift every day (although if we've had a hard session at training I might be tempted to skip a workout and just have a shower and go to bed!)





Anyway, I was curious as to what strain this was putting on my elbow joints, and whether higher reps on a low weight were more or less likely to cause joint strain than lower reps on a high weight (i.e. power lifting.)





Does anyone have any studies they can point me to? Or medical knowledge, personal experience etc.?

Which is less damaging to your joints, power lifting or endurance lifting?
i used to power lift and now i need sodium hyaluronate injected into my joints 3 times a year so i can move about, im 29 years old and will never lift more than 5kgs again ... and thats not by choice
Reply:power liftin


No comments:

Post a Comment