Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm 19 years old & I've always wanted to do gymnastics...?

I've been actively involved in martial arts for the past 6 years, %26amp; I want to start gymnastics now too. It's something I've always wanted to do, but I've never had the opportunity nor the funding. I've been told that it's too late to start %26amp; that I'm too old, but I've always thought that I can do anything I put my mind to. So my question is, how long can I wait to start training in gymnastics, %26amp; is it true that since I'm older I won't have the opportunity to be as good at it?

I'm 19 years old %26amp; I've always wanted to do gymnastics...?
HA!! Who ever told you that you were too old to start really has much to learn!!





Not everyone Martial Artists starts as a youth of 4 or 5!!





Many join as adults every day. People have their own reasons for joining and most are not the same reason and some are.





SO why not GYMNASTICS? You will have the flexibility and balance already which will be a great help. I find Gymnists make great Martial Artists so why not the reverse too of you are a good Martial Artist?





Sure maybe to old to be in the Olympics but not to do Gymnastics, not at all. Find someone else with a positive attitude and learn from a good teacher with a good attitude.





They will see your potential with balance and flexibility and i think you will do well if you try.





Good luck!
Reply:1. Your never to old to do anything.





2. Your martial arts training should have made you fairly flexible.





3. Your still Young so why not.





4. I'm 19 used to do gymnastics and martial arts when i was was younger but stopped due to funds, so do what you want to do before its to late, i wanna take skateboarding and rollerblading up and i'm supposidly to old to but i don't care.


No comments:

Post a Comment